Apr 10, 2010

Kids, Kids...

I was reading Emily the book "Friendship Day". She got excited that she had friends too. I asked her who were her friends and she said: "Daddy, Mama and Jonathan". This happened three times so far, and the third time actually she said just out of the blue that she has 3 friends, J., M.& D. We are proud of being not only her parents (and brother), but her best friends too. Every time she is talking about this, I expect her to mention some of her little friends. But we know she does have some very nice and good little friends too.

Any time in the past is "yesterday" for Emily, either if it happened last year or earlier in the same day. "Yesterday" grandpa took her for a tramway ride in Bucharest, and "yesterday" she drank her juice... I am sure she'll figure it out some time, but now it is so cute and interesting.

How can little things fill a mother's heart with joy, like coming back from the dentist today and finding both kids at the window waiting for me (I had talked with Gordon 5 minutes before and they knew I was coming soon), and when they saw me, just rushed to the door and I could hear them shouting with joy, then they opened it and reached up to hug me and to be hugged. And yes, I missed them too!

Le-am citit copiilor cartea "Ziua Prieteniei", iar Emily imi spune entuziasmata ca si ea are prieteni. Cand am intrebat-o care sunt prietenii ei, mi-s spus: "Daddy, mama si Jonathan". Acest lucru s-a intamplat de trei ori pana acum. Ne bucuram ca nu suntem doar parintii (si fratele) ei, dar si cei mai buni prieteni. De fiecare data cand a spus acest lucru, eu ma asteptam sa ii mentioneze pe prietenii ei mici. Dar stim ca are si cativa prieteni mici pe care ii iubeste.

Orice s-a intamplat in trecut (fie ca a fost anul trecut, fie ca in aceeasi zi), este "ieri" pentru Emily. "Ieri" a dus-o bunicu la plimbare cu tramvaiul, "ieri" si-a baut sucul... Stim ca isi va da seama intr-o buna zi ce inseamna "ieri", dar deocamdata e ne bucuram sa o auzim vorbind asa.

Cum pot unele lucruri mici sa ne afecteze pana in adancul inimii... Am venit astazi de la dentist, si i-am vazut pe Emily si Jonathan la geam, asteptandu-ma (vorbisem cu 5 minute in urma cu Gordon, si stiau ca o sa ajung in curand). Cand m-au vazut, au zbughit-o la usa, si-i auzeam tipand de bucurie, apoi au deschis usa topaind, si vroiau sa ii iau in brate sa-i imbratisez. Si adevarul e ca si mie mi-a fost dor de ei....

2 comments:

Cosmin & Ligia said...

It seems that Raul and Emily are at the same age and stage with "yesterday". Raul sometimes even says tomorrow I was/or I did this or that. The funny thing is that when I tell him that something is going to happen tomorrow, the first thing when he openes his eyes in the morning he asks: now it is tomorrow?
Yes, I agree with you that it's a special thing to feel such love and affection in such a little heart! Nothing can be more special than being a mommy, isn't it?

Melisa said...

These stories are so sweet! I love it when the little ones start learning and using big words that are sometimes even used correctly, but not exactly as we would say them!