
With great grandma
The kids' 1st train ride
and the 1st time at preschool / kindergarten with Alex and Raul
For more pictures, CLICK HERE
Dati click AICI pentru mai multe poze.
So we've been in Romania for almost a month and time flies here, maybe even faster than in America. As many of you know, Gordon is back home and started work, while the kids and me are still here. We will be here for one more month. While we miss Gordon v.v.v. much, we are enjoying our time with the family here. It is nice especailly to be with my parents, who are having difficult times with my father's illness. He is in the hospital now (again), and very sick with cancer. We will be happy to see him home tomorrow though.
We have been to Brasov and stayed with Ligia, my sister, for about 2 weeks, and also we all went for a short visit to Sibiu and Cluj, to see our grandma, and other family and friends. When we came back to Bucharest, I was amazed to see how much Emily and Jonathan missed their grandma. Emily kept telling me on the train that grandma misses her and is waiting for her to come, and that she loves her etc etc. At the station where we saw grandma, the kids just jumped in her arms and were very excited to be with her again. Emily even refused to hold my arm, because all she wanted was grandma. Since we came, since grandpa wasn't home, she slept in grandma's bedroom and was soo happy about it. Every evening she goes proudly to the bedroom where she and granndma sleep and she often tells me about the good times they have together. She will be very dissapointed tomorrow to change her sleeping place, as grandpa is coming home.
And one more exciting thing is that Emily started to speak Romanian much more!




2 comments:
What a happy day to see a blog post! But I'm a smidge sad to read that I'll not see you for another month! You know, that requires more frequent blog updates! ;) Treasure your time with your parents and send my love to them, too. I'm glad you'll have that time with them, although you are missed! I'm proud of Emily for speaking more Romanian! I agree with her, too, sleeping with grandma is soo much fun! I still have wonderful memories of time with my grandma!!
I have been thinking about you and the children. I am so glad that you can spend this time with your family. The children's memories will be so special of this time. They are old enough now to remember this visit. Hugs~
Post a Comment