Nov 8, 2012

A Special Day

Things are not always as we plan them, and today it was a day like this. I had been looking forward to this Friday for at least a couple of weeks. Emily has no school and I was hoping for a relaxing day without anything schedulled, a day when we can do things we want to do instead of things we have to do :-) But Thursday night Emily woke up in the middle of the night, her ears hurt. So the two of us were a wake for a good part of the night, and on Friday morning we woke up tired and with a sick kid. Oh well, I knew the day wasn't going to be as I would have liked, but ...this is life. But this ended up to be a special day in a different way. It was a day filled with love and care from every member of the family. Emily felt the center of attention; Jonathan was so loving and considerate with his sister too! He kept so quiet during Emily's nap and whispered for the whole time, almost two hours, without anybody reminding him to be quiet. When she woke up, we were talking about what she would like to eat, and Jonathan said that because Emily is sick, we should give her to eat only things she likes. Then they had such a great time playing together like the best brother and sister. It just touches a parent's heart... we can't express how much we love our children!

It's always sweet to hear, as Emily leaves to school: "I love you, Emily, have a good day at school. I'll miss you!" Then the answer: "I love you too, Jonathan, have a good day at home!" Also they tell us every day, out of the blue: "I love you, Mom / Dad".
At g.m. Fred mentioned about a little boy that had been asked what was the most precious thing for him, and he said it was his rock  collection. After the meeting, Fred asked Emily what was the most precious thing for her. She said "Mom and Dad". We are so thankful for our children! Each day spent with them is a gift and a blessing. We just couldn't have been happier parents!

1 comment:

Melisa said...

How fun to see an update and yet I'm sorry it is because you've been home with a little sick one! I'm quite sure that she'll feel so much better soon!!! Love you all!