We had an 'event' today. Jonathan pronunced for the first time in his life the word YES. He started to talk much earlier than Emily and had been saying hundreds of words, but not the word 'yes'. At his 18th months Dr. appt even the doctor was surprised that he dad around 50 words. (I counted them afterwards to be more sure and he did have even over 50 words, both in English and Romanian). Now he says anything, she repeats after us or Emily. But had never wanted to say 'yes'. Any question was followed by the answer NO, even when he meant 'yes' "Do you like icecream?" --- "No!" with a smile on his face.... We had tried so many times to make him say 'yes'. But today he was finally willing to say it, even in both languages!!!
YES, we are making progress!
3 comments:
Felicitari! Mare realizare! Cred ca mami e cea mai fericita sa auda cuvantul "yes". Violeta, Lucian si Radu
I'm not sure I believe you! ;-) I tried to get him to say it tonight and he would not!! But he did have his altogether too cute flirty smile going on! He makes me giggle!
Nu pot sa cred, cum ii sta lui J cu "Yes" instead of his ceaseless "NO NO NO". Of, nu mai pot de dorul lui de maimutica mica , parca il vad cu zambetul lui ala smecheras: no, no, no, mama, mama!
Post a Comment