We had a wonderful April 1st at Troy and Beth's, we can say it was the nicest so far.
The dinner was full of surprises, that we never knew what to expect next. I'll mention a few of the things. So we were told we would start with the dessert, which was pie and ice cream. This is how it looked indeed. The mashed potatoes looked just like vanilla ice cream in the ice cream carton, and we were glad it was potatoes and not ice cream, as we were hungry :-) . The "hamburger pie" was very good too. The 'real' dessert came in a flower pot, so when we saw it on the table we were really wondering what was happening. Anyway, we had cake instead of earth, but it looked just like earth! I won't reveal the secret now of what it was, I didn't even had too much time to 'study' it, because it was DELICIOUS and it was soon gone. :-) By the way Beth, I have to have the recipe.
I don't want to make this story too long to bore you. You just have to see the pictures and pay attention to everything. Not only to the food but also cutlery and glasses. By the way, you'll see some glasses with a straw in them. Don't think it was juice inside, even they had a trick, so we had to eat the jelly with another tool, not with the straw.
Thank you Beth and Troy for inviting us to such a wonderful meal. It was great that my sister was still here and she could also enjoy an American Fools' Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment