May 14, 2009

Tudor

Tudor

and his dear parents, Otilia & Stefan
'
Tudor is the only cousin Emily and Jonathan haven't met yet. He lives in Romania and he is Emily's age but he is very different in some ways. He started to talk very early and by the time he was 2 years old, he knew 4 poems!!! Now at 2.5 years old he knows many more, and songs too. In Romania it is a (good!) habit that little kids learn poems from their parents or from preschool. It is a good thing, as it 'exercises' the child's memory at an early age, and it is amazing to see what a good memory a child can have at that age, and how easily he learns, almost with no effort.
Tudor is so funny and smart, that every time I talk with my sister she has lots of news about him.
A few months ago he asked "What does God mean?", and after some explainations, he looked up in the sky and said: "Why can't I see Him? Oh, I know, because there are clouds". He often asks questions and often finds the answers himself, and often talkes to himself like "Because I didn't obey what mama said, I fell down", ....other time he told daddy "Mama said 'don't touch this', and I did, so I cut myself"...
Some recent things: "Daddy, why do you keep telling me all day that you love me?" or ... after asking for water 3 times after going to bed at night, he tells mama: " I think I drove you crazy with my water"....... another time he goes in the kitchen and says " I think you cooked sauseges, it smells of sauseges". Or he asks mama: "are you chewing gum? You smell of chewing gum."
He knows how to make jokes and play tricks on others. One time he asked mama while she was in the kitchen "Did you get with your nose in a pot?" and then "I was joking, I like to joke with you, mama"
I am amazed to see a 2 year old thinking and talking so much, while Emily barely learns to make small sentences. The other cousin, Raul, of the same age, is somewhere in between Emily and Tudor. Of course we don't compare them and don't complain, since every child is different and learns things at different ages. All the cousins from Romania are very very special and we look forward to all of them to be together some day, hopefuly not before too long. We are so glad that Alex and Raul could visit us here last year, and we have such special memories of their time here. And pictures too, of course, we can't do without pictures at our house :-)

2 comments:

Lainey said...

He sounds like he would be fun to have around! It is hard to be so far away from family isn't it?

Lelia T. said...

Wow, I loved reading your blog again! I've been having trouble with my internet, so now that it's back, I'm catching up . I am trying to update my blog too, but unfortunately I've also been lazy with my pictures. But I just love your entries, they are a joy to read. We miss you all very much, and can't wait to see you again. I bet the kids would have a blast playing together now that they're a bit older.