... I don't think this is too funny. Or maybe they'll be, but not today. So this is my day today: In the morning, I start a load of laundry - most of the laundry was from Jonathan's "accidents" from yesterday (yesterday I washed another load!). The washing machine hadn't finished it's cycle yet, and here I've got another pair of pants and underwear wet. So I wash them by hand and add them to the load in the washer, before the rinse cycles, so I am "done" with laundry. Then I get busy with other house chores, trying to make best use of my time. In the meantime I remember Dayla's saying: "Cleaning the house with the children around is like sweeping the snow in the middle of the blizzard". It is soo true! For instance, putting laundry away, while they are "going shopping", taking clothes from the "store" (the closet), filling their bag, then giving them to each other and dumping them on the bed.
Anyway, it's time for a snack and the kids get their favorite drinking fruit yogurt. Jonathan gets out of the kitchen with it when I don't see him, then he spills it on the carpet and on his clothes. Then he thinks he can have some fun, and starts stepping in it before he tells me what happened. It's the first time he does something like this... anyway, I send him for time out for a couple of minutes. In the meantime Emily spills her yogurt too. (...) After we are done cleaning the mess, Jonathan wets his pants again and makes a puddle on the floor. So ... I am not done with laundry today yet... It's 4 o'clock, maybe the rest of the day will be different. I just had to take a break and write it down to vent a little. And I already feel better :-)
If it works out, we'll get together with Otilia and Tudor at the mall at the play area, the kids love it. We are so fortunate to have that awsome place at the mall on such a cold season. We've had temperatures between 20 - 5 F.
1 comment:
Oh, I am so happy to see the updates on your blog! I have thought of you very much recently & just want to pick up the phone and call you! :-( Love you all...my thoughts, prayers, love, & hugs go to your family! Dayla
Post a Comment