Feb 27, 2011

Our Last Pictures in Romania

 Eating Romanian sour meatball soup. Emily ate unbelievably 12 meatballs, she absolutely loved it. But this is my favorite soup too, so I understand perfectly. BUT there's no better meatball soup than mama's!

At the "beach"

Dusting the furniture. Honestly, she did a great job.


Grandma wasn't home, and Emily just didn't like it, so she decided to call her on her cell.

"Grandma always says Yes" ... Hmm, is this true? Maybe so! :-)

Their 3rd train ride. A double decker. So fun!

 Visiting Village Museum with my sister. So this was a surprise, Otilia took me here in one of my last days in Romania, she didn't tell me where we were going. But it was such a nice surprise, the best choice. I used to work at Village Museum 14 years ago, so it was so good to visit this place and meet some of my former coworkers.

 That day was a real treat, my sister Otilia and Stefan took me out and we had a wonderful night out with old friends, neighbours, and my best former coworker from Village Museum, Ana Maria. Thanks to my mom who babysat the kids the whole day (until midnight).



 Fun at the Mall again with the cousins.

Emily makes friends wherever she goes, and even strangers like her. Here's the teddy bear she got at the mall from a random boy (teenager) who passed by while she was playing with her cousins. Oh well, the only girl, of course she has her advantages :-)


Happy cousins
(playing "the girls" ha ha)

3 comments:

Melisa said...

What sweet photos -- all of them! So she really does know how to ice skate! She said she did, but I couldn't imagine that she'd been skating! Maybe we'll have to go with them sometime! When we go to Romania together, I absolutely want to see that museum! That is my favorite type of museum!

Lelia T. said...

Nice pictures! Ivona, I almost had tears in my eyes when I saw the second to last picture, of all the cousins on the couch in your old room. I remember a few pictures of US cousins sitting there. Especially one right before we left Romania. And now to see the next generation taking our place, it's almost too much!!

Lane and Sylvia said...

Sylvia says Aeries needs a shirt that says "Papa Always Says Yes". What a cute picture!