If we describe the month of September in two words, maybe we'll choose "busy" and "fruitful".
The main activity at our house was letters and words. Emily's passion is making words. It doesn't mean that she knows too much about it, but she loves it and she loves to learn. Many times this is the first thing she wants to do in the morning -- "I'm making words now".
And Jonathan wants to catch up with his big sister, and he is! He knows all the letters of the alphabet and the numbers. He also can count to 10 and ke knows the shapes. It seems that the hardest thing for him is ...colors. I used to worry a little, but after a simpler test I concluded that he does see the colours. But we need more patience on this.
Here I posted some pictures of the kids and their letters :-) Of course I made the words, and Emily learned to read them. Hopefully she'll learn to make more words, like she wants. We also had the letter "D" at the library this week. As Emily said on the way back from the library, "It's fun at the library" :-)
If you are a grandma/pa or aunt/uncle, you will like to see some videos too:
2 comments:
What smart kids!! I love to see Emily's words, too! :)
E foarte important sa le deschizi copiilor dorinta de a sti cat mai multe. Emily si Jonathan au mare noroc ca au astfel de parinti ca voi care stiu sa-i stimuleze pentru a invata mereu lucruri noi. Sper sa reusim si noi la randul nostru cu Radu. Violeta si Lucian
Post a Comment