May 2, 2011

Rainy Days Activities

...and these kids never get bored... they love indoor activities a lot too.
Emily is really into drawing and coloring, and she wants to save all her 'art', putting them on the walls all over the house. We run out of paper and  tape pretty fast...

 
 
Playing the teacher and the student



Jonathan has his students too. Maybe his idea isn't as weird as I thought first, since in Thomas books the trains can talk... And he is reading to the trains about trains :-)



This happens every day (and many times a day). It is good she loves to read to him and that he loves to listen.

Also A Fish Out Of Water




He aranged all the letters in the right order, and besides ABC which are backwards, the rest are perfect. Then he separated them according to color.
Also Jonathan counts to 100



I liked her idea to make all the train cars the same.




(don't know what happened with this mama, she took lots of videos of us lately. We think she's just too much in love with us) Btw, here is a note from her:
I think I am loving being a mother more than ever. And I am loving this age more than I expected (since I always complained that the children grow too fast). But now I think that 3 years old and 4 years old is the perfect age. We are past the baby stage problems, and we haven't got the "big kids" problems yet. Even if looking back to the babyhood stage, I know I enjoyed every moment of it, I can say a few things now:  no more diapers, no more tantrums, more independence, more talking and interaction. We also enjoy learning while having fun instead of doing homework, a very flexible and enjoyable schedule, I could go on and on with things I love about it. I am not looking forward too much to ...have my kids in school all day, which includes a schedule, lots of activities and a much busier life, too much independence, when they think they know better than their parents, more (or different) responsibilities for the parents, etc etc. And as we know we'll get there anyway, we are just enjoying each moment we can spend together now, at this wonderful stage. I love it! I love their innocence and cuteness. And WE love you, Emily and Jonathan, beyond words! Mom and Dad.

Nu stim ce se intampla cu mama asta, de face atatea filmulete cu noi, dar cred ca ne iubeste prea mult si deaia. Apropo, a scris un mic mesaj, care suna cam asa:
Cred ca acum imi iubesc "meseria" de mama mai mult ca oricand. Ma bucur de aceasta varsta mai mult decat m-am asteptat (tinand cont de faptul ca mereu ma plang ca imi cresc prea repede copiii). Dar realizes ca varsta de 3 si de 4 ani este varsta perfecta, sau cel putin preferata mea. Am trecut de problemele stadiului de bebelus, si nu am ajuns inca la problemele copiilor "mari". Chiar daca, uitandu-ma in urma, m-am bucurat mult de fiecare stadiu din viata copiilor nostri, in prezent pot spune urmatoarele lucruri: am scapat de pampersi, nu mai au loc crize cu tavaleli pe jos, copiii sunt mai independenti si nu mau au nevoie de urmarire indeaproape la fiecare minut, vorbim si interactionam mai mult etc. In acelasi timp invatam in timp ce ne jucam, in loc sa facem "teme", avem un program foarte flexibil si relaxant etc etc. Pe de alta parte, nu astept cu mare nerabdare acele timpuri cand copiii vor fi la scoala aproape toata ziua, ceea ce include un program strict, cu teme pentru acasa si multe alte responsabilitati, si o viata mult mai aglomerata. Nu astept acele timpuri cand copiii vor vrea prea multa independenta si cand vor crede ca stiu mai bine decat parintii...  Dar cum stim ca vom ajunge si acolo pana la urma, deocamdata ne bucuram foarte mult de orice clipa petrecuta impreuna cu copiii nostri in acest stadiu minunat din viata lor. Iubim  inocenta si dragalasenia lor. Emily and Jonathan, va iubim cum nu putem exprima in cuvinte. Mama si daddy.

No comments: