Jul 23, 2009

Our Big Girl

Everything at our house is about big girls now. Emily's favorite's topic. Not only "big girls have a big bed" or "big girls go potty", but all things, are either for big girls or babies. No matter if things make sense or not: "big girls go to the Zoo", "big girls sit at the table", "big girls blow their nose" etc etc etc.
Today we were coming out of BabiesRUs, and Emily is afraid of cars. So, as she saw cars coming out of the parking lot, she rushes into my arms to be held. I reminded her she was a big girl and told her she should just hold my hand like Jonathan and that she is SAFE. Of course nothing worked and she was just telling me crying that she is not a big girl any more, AND that Jonathan is a big boy now. Anyway, by the time we got home, she was a big girl again... :-)
Yesterday at the grocery store the kids were in a 'car cart'. They love it, but after a while Emily remembers that it is also fun to do shopping with me. And she starts telling me that she wants out and she wants to 'go shopping'. She said this several times, while I pretended I didn't hear her and hoping she'll forget about it. Did she??? Nooo, instead she made herself more clear and she shoutes at me: "Big girls go shopping!!!"
After we came back from the store, I wasn't sure if Gordon was back from his errand and I called him "Sweetheart, are you here?" The answer came from Emily: "Sweetheart is gone!"
I just keep having fun, lots and lots with these 2 kids, this is why life is so interesting and of course not boring at all!

3 comments:

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

Silly little, I mean BIG, girl!!! We're going to see such a HUGE difference in those kids when we get back and you get back!! I'm sure that your parents are going to be very surprised at how much they've changed! How truly big they both are! Love you all so much!

Mochas, Mountains and Moby Wraps said...

What a FUN post! Thanks for making me chuckle with your stories of that BIG little girl. =)

Lane and Sylvia said...

Those are wonderful stories and you told them very well. :-)